Pitch and win 600 000 SEK to realize your idea!
Welcome to SIP STRIM and EIT RawMaterial’s annual innovation competition! The competition is a unique opportunity for suppliers, entrepreneurs and other stakeholders in the mining and metal industry to present their ideas and thereby be given the opportunity to realize them.
One contest – Two winners
Two winners will be selected, one by SIP STRIM and one by EIT RawMaterials. Each winner receives 600 000 SEK for the realization of their idea.
SIP STRIM works with early stages of development and is looking for ideas at technical level TRL 4-7. EIT RawMaterials works with development from early stages to mature start-ups, but in this competition, they seek ideas on development level TRL 4-8.
You can submit your idea until January 21, 2019. The jury will then make a first selection. The twelve selected contributions will get to pitch their idea in front of a jury and audience on February 13th. The winners will be announced by March 1st, and the prize ceremony will be held on Bergforskdagarna 15-16 May in Luleå.
- Deadline for submitting your idea description, 21 January
- Notice of acceptance of the pitch event, 25 January
- Deadline to confirm participation at pitch event, 1 February
- Deadline for submission of presentation for pitch, 8 February
- Pitch event at Luleå Science Park, 13 February
- The winner will be notified by 1 March
- Award ceremony on Bergforskdagarna, 15-16 May
Audience at the pitch event on February 13th
The pitch event is a great opportunity to meet creative entrepreneurs and mingle with people from the industry. Please join us for the event and be part of our audience.
Submission to the innovation contest
- Download the template for the submission of contributions here: application form
- Submit your contribution on the intended word template to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 21 January 2019.
- Describe your idea in a short and concise way from a solution / technical perspective, as well as market/customer perspective.
- The team is an important part of the potential for an idea to progress and succeed. Describe the project team under designated heading in the application.
- Describe the current status of the idea in relation to TRL and CRL. See TRL / CRL in the image below.
- TRL, Technology readiness level: Technical development status on your solution
- CRL, Customer readiness level: Ability to be utilized by the customer
- Describe how the idea is linked, and contributes to SIP STRIM and EIT RawMaterial’s visions and strategic goals.
The jury will take into account the following criteria in its assessment.
- TRL level (SIP STRIM 4-7, EIT RawMaterials 4-8)
- CRL level (SIP STRIM 1-3, EIT RawMaterials 3-7)
- Development potential, commercial product or implementation in business
- Market impact (unique product / service on the market)
- Level of innovation and degree of impact on identified problem area and its value chain
- Possibilities for continued funding up to finished product
- Assessment of the company / consortium that is behind the innovation as well as the team / project organization
- The idea / project’s contribution to SIP STRIM and EIT RawMaterial’s visions and strategic goals
The pitch competition will be held in swedish. The competitors can pitch and apply in english if they wish.
Travel allowance of 3000 kr can be sought by participants who have been selected to the pitch competition.
Information for winners
- The winner selected by SIP STRIM is entitled to funding if they meet Vinnova’s requirements. Innovation ideas that have already received funding from Vinnova are not eligible for funds.
- The winner selected by EIT RawMaterials is eligible funding if they meet EIT RawMaterial’s funding requirements. More information.
- Winners will have to submit a detailed project plan for how they intend to use the funding, as well as what activities they are planning for taking their innovation to the the next stage of development.
Matz Sandström, SIP STRIM (chair man)
Katarina Öquist, EIT RawMaterials
Susanne Gylesjö, Vinnova
Åke Kruukka, Epiroc
Monika Kristel Hernblom, Boliden Smelters
Matthias Wimmer, LKAB
Åsa Gabrielsson, Epiroc
Flyer innovation idea competition
Niclas Dahlström, LTU Business, email@example.com
Katarina Öquist, EIT RawMaterials, firstname.lastname@example.org
Terese Mella, SIP STRIM, email@example.com
The competition is a collaboration between SIP STRIM and EIT RawMaterials.